April 21, 2009

Thank You...

I am so humbled by the number of people who stopped by to read my post and to those who offered help and suggestions over the past couple of days. While I had planned to update my friends and followers on my other blog to my present situation with my transplant status, my wife suggested writing it for both blogs because we really could use some help. I did not expect the overwhelming number of people who stopped by to read about our plight.
On Saturday night I posted my blog and when I logged in the following day I had an incredible amount of people who had visited that morning. Later I told Lois I didn't know where all the traffic was coming from but it had been like this all day long. By night I had been visited by over a hundred readers. I soon learned my blog had been posted to link over here and I was stunned by all the people who had come to help. The following day my post was linked over here and I received nearly a hundred more visitors.
Two posts -- one by a stranger and one by a friend.

You cannot imagine how this made me feel. I felt very small and very human and very blessed.

There is no way that I can thank you all except to say just that -- Thank You. While I received only a handful of comments, they were all very helpful. I appreciate everyone's help.

In this short time we managed to assemble most of the information I need to petition the judicial court where I was adopted and we have a friend who is taking care of legal procedures. On Friday we were asking ourselves, "What are we going to do?" And now on Tuesday we are sending out papers to petition the court.

How's that for a fine weekend?

Lois and Beaux

12 comments:

Linda S. Socha said...

Fantastic! I am glad for the weekend and the direction for you.

Keep on keeping on Beaux
Linda

*mary* said...

Just from reading you and your wife's blogs I knew you would get things under control, and fast.

Lois seems like she GETS THINGS DONE! You are very lucky to have such a scrapper in your corner, not that I have to tell you that!

I'm glad that good news didn't take it's time getting to you guys!

Sultan said...

Good news

Debra said...

Beaux,

I have been offline for a little while, so I missed all of this! I am so sorry that you have had to deal with so much stress while going through a life-threatening illness!!! I pray that everything goes smoothly from here on out and that you are able to obtain the info that you need and DESERVE.

As always, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I think about your family, often, and send as much positive energy your way as I possibly can.

Hugs,
Deb

Debra said...

Just wanted to let you know that I finally updated my link list and I added your blog. Hope that's okay!

Hugs again,
Deb

ZDub said...

That's wonderful! The internet can be so rad.

Keep us posted!
Zakl

kn said...

Yay! That's great. keep us posted on how it all goes.
So happy your weekend was so lovely?

Christine said...

Found your blog through a friend and just wanted to come here to lend my support. I am so happy the weekend was fruitful!

Christine

Lorrie Veasey said...

O Beaux-
Hope good things come your way
X
Lorrie

Blonde Momma said...

Thanks for the well wishes...things happen, and sometimes they happen quickly. I only wish the best for your family.

Lilly said...

So glad for you too. Things are going to be all ok and if they arent please blog about it and people will help all they can. You have to love the blogosphere don't you?.

Together We Save said...

Good News.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails