February 1, 2009

Precious Moments

The other day when I came home from work I asked one of my daughters if they had checked the mail.

“Yes.” She replied.

I then asked her where it was and she gave me an odd inquisitive look and then said, “Wait. What did you say?”

“The mail,” I said, reminding her.

“What about it?”

“Did. You. Check. The. Mail?”

“Uh, no.” she said.

“So when I asked you the first time if you checked the mail you told me yes because…why?”

Another odd inquisitive look crossed over her face and she furled her brow and looked me straight in the eye and said, “What?”

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Yesterday morning, my 5 year old wandered into my room at 6 am and asked if he could play the wii. It went like this:

Can I play the wii?
Yes
Mom, Can I play the wii?
Yes, go play it.
Mom? Can I play the wii?
Yes
Can I play the wii, Mom?
Yes
Mom? Can i play the wii?
No.

Then he went and sulked on the couch.

Something Happened Somewhere Turning said...

That's a riot. I miss my 5 year olds now that they're 10 and 11. They still do similar things though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails