December 13, 2008

The Zoo

If you live in one of the larger metropolitan cities, and you have small children, or you just like Christmas lights, chances are you've seen the Zoo Lights.
Last night after I got off of work my wife and I decided to take the girls out to Salt Lake City's Zoo Lights. This was the Zoo's second year displaying the lights and having never seen a million plus lights we thought it would be fun. Needless to say the girls had a great time and the temperatures were freezing and I caught a cold.

I can't imagine ever doing this again in the near or far future. Maybe in the very far future if there are grandchildren, but before that not so likely. Not this far north in America. Plus there would have to be blankets. Lots and lots of blankets.

The place was packed. And if you've never seen the animals resting in the night -- the freezing night -- it was really interesting to see them huddled in their corners tucked into themselves and shivering like the rest of us.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came across your name linked in a comment on Woulda Coulda Shoulda. I could not resist and I clicked on your name. The next surprise was to see the name of your blog. I need to explain but first please let me say, I am hoping for good health for you. I have a son whose name is also Beaux. I have never seen anyone else use the spelling BEAUX plenty of Beau's but no X's. Then I see you have used Beaux24 as your blog name. That is also his chosen screen name for alot of things. His birthday is 2-4. I think that is really cool. (But I am easily entertained and don't get out much!) Anyway, I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and that you are doing well. I will be adding your blog to my list to check out regularly. Hope you don't mind.
beauxsmom at hotmail dot com

Lorrie Veasey said...

The Bronx Zoo cancelled their Holiday Lights this year.

Sadness.

They claim it's part of reducing their carbon footprint, but day-um--couldn't they do that some other time of year?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails