November 26, 2008

Tis the season...


Today I woke up and I turned on the news. It was the same old stuff, with some horrible things happening in India and a "plausible but unsubstantiated' threat to the NYC subway system. Economic woes continue to happen and are arguably called the new recession or depression, but nobody can agree on one name or another. They do all agree that it's here to stay for a long long time.

I also saw a news story about people who will get to eat this holiday and those who won't. Which brings me to my point. If you haven't already given to a worthy charitable organization that will help the needy, then please do. It's not too late. And Christmas is still around the corner. Organizations like Sub-for-Santa and the Salvation Army are really important. Because of our recent economic crisis millions of families this year are going to have a hard time this holiday season. You may think that some loose change, or a dollar here or a dollar there won't add up, but if everyone who can afford it at least tries, than maybe you will be helping a stranger or family with a hot meal and a warm place to stay this season.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday!

More than ever, I am truly thankful for friends and family.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails