October 21, 2008

Skateboard R.I.P.

I went outside to the garage and I decided I was going to put this skateboard thing behind me. And as I suspected...it wasn't one of my better ideas. My girls were both getting home from school just as I flew up in the air and caught myself. "Dad, are you all right!" They both hollered.

"I'm just fine," I said, "I'm just uh...um...cleaning out the garage."

I turned around and looked at the garage. (good answer beaux).




There's a Shop Smith in here somewhere. It's 4.5' tall and almost 5.5' long. I haven't seen it for a while.
And so I began...



After a couple of hours I manage to come up with this...
Just in time for the winter season. Now maybe we can get the car in here.



But I also managed to come up with this...




I guess I didn't really think this through when I told the girls I was cleaning out the garage.


In the end I finally got it straightened out. I no longer have an urge to go skating. I don't want my bones to knit. And I'm not going to tell the girls I'm cleaning the garage when I'm not actually planning on cleaning the garage

6 comments:

Lo said...

I'm sending the girls your way regularly. Rockin' job, lover.
Lo

tkdmama said...

skateboards be damned!! your garage looks great.

Krëg said...

See, now you can practice skateboadring in the garage! Or, I suppose you could practice something less dangerous. There'll be plenty of time to break a hip later.

ZDub said...

Well done. Come by my house anytime this weekend! Lord knows we could use it.

Lorrie Veasey said...

This is TOTALLY IMPRESSIVE. Man-cleaning gets a bad rap, but there are SOME that seem to be capable of it...you are one of a handful. Be Proud. (Did you sweep? I'm just askin)

Something Happened Somewhere Turning said...

i swept up the big stuff and then i pulled out the leaf blower. that thing's awesome. once a year i pull out the dryer and use it to clean out the 4" hose vent. :<)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails